The undergraduate dental training programme leading to BDS degree shall be of 4 years with 240 teaching days in each academic year and one year compulsory rotatory internship (Total 5 Years). During this period, the student shall be required to have engaged in full time study at a dental college recognized and approved by the Dental Council of India.
Management Quota – Rs.4.5 lakh per annum[2019-20]
The following Certificates Shall be submitted along with the application for admission
- NEET Scorecard
- Provisional Allotment Order form the competent authority
- Birth Certificate/ SSLC Marklist / Proof of Date of Birth.
- Higher Secondary Marklist / XII Marklist.
- Transfer Certificate issued by the Institution last studied.
- Updated Caste Certificate from the competent authority.
- Foreign students should hold / produce valid visa obtained from the concerned Indian Mission abroad.
- NRI Passport and Bank Account Pass Book of the financial supporter
- Nativity Certificate of Financial Supporter.
- Candidates are advised to take enough numbers of photocopies of the documents before submitting the original documents to this institution.
- Aadhar card, 10 Passport size photos and CIS form
All admissions made are provisional and subjected to the approval of the Pondicherry University. All the NEET qualified candidates must apply through CENTAC for Government quota [U.T of Pondicherry Candidates] and for Management (Other States candidates also). . Having been called for admission/counseling does not necessarily means acceptance of eligibility for admission.
Candidates who are provisionally selected for admission should themselves get medically examined by the Medical Board, Sri Venkateshwaraa Dental College, Ariyur, Puducherry and produce a Medical Fitness Certificate in Original at the time of admission.
The classes for Ist BDS Course shall commence as per the schedule complied by DCI.
The admission to the BDS course is in accordance with the regulation of the Dental Council of India, New Delhi, Government of Puducherry and the Pondicherry University. Intake of BDS Students is 100 every year.
Candidates for admission to the first year BDS Degree Course should have passed the H.SC. examination conducted by the Board of Higher Examination of Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent examination, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (40% for SC,ST,OBC) in the following subjects – English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and NEET Eligibility is required.
Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission to the BDS course. No upper age limit is prescribed.
The duration of the BDS Course is 5 years (including 1 year compulsory rotary internship) leading to the award of the BDS Degree by Pondicherry University.